A fascinating area of uncertainty in commodity trading is in the growth of data and potentially the use of social media. We have this covered at the CTRM Conference as we announce another speaker on its agenda – Digital Marketing and Strategy Specialist – Tim Buchanan. Tim is a Director at Gro Digital Ltd (www.grodigital.com), a digital communications and technology agency based in London EC1. It help brands and organisations harness audience driven content from across the web to deliver authentic business stories and campaigns and it fully understand social media. I for one am looking forward to hearing what Mr. Buchanan has to tell us about the role of social media in commodity trading and its impact on technology.
The agenda is now more or less finalized and what a compelling agenda it is. We have one more speaker to announce next week and a number of other roundtable guests to announce closer to the date of the conference on October 2nd. Please take a look at the agenda but note that tit is likely to be modified in terms of speakers order and so as we get closer to the event. Things delegates will learn about include;
- Evolving Commodity Markets and Technology
- The Five Big Issues Facing Commodity Markets and the Implications for CTRM Software
- CTRM and ERP Integration – The Commodity Management Challenge
- The Role of Social Media and Trading Intelligence in Commodities
- EMIR, REMIT, MiFID II – How will regulations affect the structure of the market and what changes will they lead to in the technology landscape?
- Evolution of Commodity Market Fundamentals and Impacts on CTRM
- Supporting an 24 by 7 multi-commodity Trading operation – Challenges and implications
- Big data – a challenge for commodity traders
- Trends and Challenges – ComTech’s Research Results
The CTRM Conference to be held in London on October 2nd, at The Pullman, St. Pancras. This unique one-day event focuses on commodity trading and risk management (CTRM) software and brings together end users, service practitioners and vendors to spend a day focused the key issues and trends impacting the industries and users served by these critical systems. Hosted and facilitated by ComTech Advisory, the leading analysts in the CTRM software space, and Commodities Now magazine, the CTRM Conference brings a compelling agenda of presentations, knowledge sharing and roundtable discussions involving leading experts in the space and is supplemented by excellent networking opportunities.
The CTRM Conference is sponsored by Platinum sponsors – Generation 10, Quorum Business Solutions, Gold sponsors –Brady PLC, DataGenic and Trayport Contigo and Bronze sponsors, Agiboo BV, Aspect Enterprise Solutions, Commodity Services & Solutions, Energy Solutions International, Invensoft, JustCommodity and OpenLink.